Previously registered students must apply to Admission Services, for readmission under any of the following conditions:

  1. If they were required to withdraw from their program for a period of two or more semesters.

  2. If they were suspended from the University for academic misconduct.

  3. If they have graduated from this University and wish to register in order to take additional courses.

  4. They were admitted to the University but withdrew from all courses, registered in a program or courses at another post-secondary institution, and they wish to return to the University of Guelph-Humber.
  5. If they have not registered at the University of Guelph-Humber for six or more consecutive semesters.

  6. If they are attending the University of Guelph-Humber on a Letter of Permission and wish to continue past the term of the Letter of Permission agreement.

Readmission to a program at the University of Guelph-Humber is not automatic. Students who are required to withdraw must apply for readmission to the University after completing the minimum two semesters of rustication. Students should consult Section IV - Admission Information regarding appropriate admission requirements and deadline dates. Applications for readmission should include a statement which outlines the basis for readmission. Criteria used for readmission may differ by academic program. Students considering readmission should consult with the appropriate Academic Advisor regarding procedures and criteria for readmission to that program.

Students requiring readmission must apply using the Application for Program Transfer and/or Readmission available on-line at: Academic Forms | by the deadline date established for each semester as noted on the application form.

Students who have been required to withdraw, and who take university credit courses during their rustication period, will be eligible for up to 1.00 credit (one full-year course) provided they meet the criteria for readmission and the criteria for the transfer of credit.

Students who take university courses after the two-semester rustication period may transfer all these credits provided the student meets the criteria for readmission and the criteria for the transfer of credit.

Students who have been suspended for academic misconduct will not receive any credit for courses taken during the suspension period.

Note: This policy applies to any university credit course taken during the rustication period, be it distance or on-campus, taken in open learning programs from either our university or at another university.