A final decision on the admissibility of an applicant will be based on academic performance, and if required by the Admissions Committee, on review of a Background Information Form for the diploma programs.
Associate Diplomas in Agriculture, Environmental Management, Equine Care and Management, and Horticulture
Applicants for admission to the first semester should present as a minimum requirement:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum 65% average in six Grade 11 &/or 12 courses including Grade 12 English and Grade 11 math.
- Essential (E) level and co-op courses are not considered.
- Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may also be considered if they will be 19 years of age at the date of enrolment and have been out of secondary school for at least one year
- Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may also be considered for admission on the basis of relevant work experience, practical knowledge, special skills or abilities
Students are encouraged to complete General or Advanced, College (C), University (U), or University/College (U/C) course types at the 11 and 12 grade level in biology, and chemistry.
Associate Diploma in Turfgrass Management (Guelph Campus Only)
Applicants for admission to the Associate Diploma in Turfgrass Management program should present as a minimum requirement:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum 60% average in the final year of study excluding workplace courses
- applicants who do not meet the above requirements may also be considered if they will be 19 years of age at the date of enrolment and have been out of secondary school for at least one year
- preference given to applicants with a minimum of one year's experience in the turfgrass industry
- prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to complete general or advanced, College (C), University (U), or University/College (M) course types at the grade 11 and 12 level in mathematics, biology, and chemistry
- all applicants are required to complete and submit the Background Information Form, available at http://www.uoguelph.ca/admissions/.
Associate Diploma in Veterinary Technology (Ridgetown Campus Only)
Applicants applying for admission to the first semester of the Associate Diploma in Veterinary Technology program are to present, as a minimum requirement:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OS/IS or OSS) or equivalent with the following SPECIFIC requirements (can be combination of Old and New Curriculum):
Specific Course Pre-Requisites
New Secondary School Curriculum
- Credits in Grade 11C or U Biology, Grade 12C Chemistry (or Grade 11U Chemistry), Grade 12C Mathematics , or any Grade 12U Math and Grade 12C or U English. 'U' level course minimum final grade must be 65%; 'C' level course minimum final grade must be 75%.
Old Secondary School Curriculum
- Advanced level credits in Chemistry (Grade 11), Biology (Grade 11), Mathematics (Grade 12), and English (Grade 12), each with a minimum final grade of 65%. General level credits in Grade 11 Chemistry and Biology, Grade 12 English and Mathematics, each with a minimum final grade of 75%.
Please note: All applicants must submit their high school transcripts even if they have completed post-secondary education. Post-secondary transcripts are also to be submitted for assessment consideration.
- Ontario high school courses are available through the Independent Learning Centre at https://www.ilc.org/.
- Several Community Colleges offer "College Prep" or "Introductory" courses in the required admissions subjects in either the General Arts & Sciences (GAS) programs, or the Pre-Health Science programs.
- Adult Learning Centres and high school night-school courses are also acceptable.
Deadline for Applicant Submission
- The deadline date for applying to this program is February 1st each year.
- Applications are completed through https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/.