Enrolment and Registration

Regular and Provisional Students

Each Regular or Provisional student will enroll in a program of study in the jurisdiction of one of the following academic units:

  1. a single department or school,
  2. an interdepartmental committee, or
  3. a centre/institute offering graduate programming; i.e. either the Guelph-Waterloo Centre for Graduate Work in Chemistry and Biochemistry (GWC2) or, the Guelph Waterloo Physics Institute (GWPI).

For all programs, the student shall be registered with a single department/ school, normally the department/school of which the advisor is a member. Students enrolled in programs under (b) or (c) above will meet the degree requirements as arranged with the department/ school in which they are registered.

Special Students

Each Special student will be registered in a single department, as per the information above regarding Regular and Provisional students. The chair of that department, or the chair's designated faculty member, shall oversee the student’s progress in the course(s) or program.