A University ID Card is issued to each student registered at the University. The following regulations apply:
- The University of Guelph Card must have: the University of Guelph logo; the cardholder's surname, first name and identification number; a colour photograph of the cardholder; a bar code for Library check-out privileges; a magnetically encoded stripe on the back of the card; and a brief summary of the rules and regulations for use of the card.
- The Card is the property of the University of Guelph.
- The Card is not transferable and the cardholder will be responsible for all use made of the Card unless and until written notice is received by the Campus Card office.
- Presentation of the Card will be required before certain University services will be extended. University services may be denied to an individual who does not present a valid card.
- The Card may not be retained as collateral for any University service except for those services holding and displaying a permit, signed by the Registrar authorizing the withholding of the student, faculty or staff identification card for short periods while that person is utilizing the services offered.
- A University Card will be issued to each new student. New students at the Guelph campus must obtain their card at the Campus Card Office (UC). Ridgetown Campus new students must obtain a student card in the Pestell Student Services building.
- The University of Guelph ID Card colour photo must show a clear, front view of the applicant’s full face. Hats, headbands or sunglasses may not be worn in the photo. The applicant’s eyes must be open and looking directly ahead. Head coverings worn for religious or medical reasons can be worn but must not cover any part of the applicant’s face. The head covering must not obscure or obstruct a full front view of the applicant’s face, nor can it cast a shadow on the face. Persons with a niqab or burka who require their University ID Card be issued at the University of Guelph campus will have a female staff member photograph and verify the individual’s identity in a private setting.
- Loss or finding of the University Card should be reported to the Campus Card Office.
- A service charge will be levied for replacement cards.